Manufactured Home Owners Association (Vic) Inc, (MHOA Victoria), a not-for-profit organization, was formed in 2022 with the objective to promote, advance, maintain and safeguard the combined and individual interests of manufactured home owners throughout Victoria.
This encompasses all residents who own their own home yet pay site rent under a Land-Lease agreement. In other words, you own your home but pay your landlord site rent for the land on which it stands. These are often referred to as relocatable homes.
MHOA Victoria is advocating to the Victorian State Government for changes to the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, Part 4A for better protections for those who have chosen to live in a Manufactured Home Village, the majority of whom are aged pensioners on fixed incomes.
MHOA Victoria’s immediate priority is to advocate for amendments to the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, Part 4A. In its current form the Act offers very limited protection for home owners. Below is a list of our demands to the Victorian Government on behalf of all home owners in Manufactured Home Villages.
- Standalone Legislation for Manufactured Home Villages
- All Manufactured Home Villages to be registered with government
- Removal of CPI as a site rent modifier
- Abolish exit fees (Deferred Management Fees)
- More transparency between home owners and village owners/managers
- Standardised Lease/Site Agreements
- Ceiling/Cap on annual site rent fees
- Removal of the Market Rent Review as a site rent modifier
- Mandatory training for village owners/managers
- Dedicated Ombudsman for dispute resolution with binding powers
MHOA have also created a database and map of all villages in Victoria; if you click on the image below it will take you to the webpage.
If you want to get in touch with the group please find their details below.
- POST: P.O. Box 427, Kilmore, Vic 3764
- PHONE: 0431 347 797
- WEBSITE: https://mhoavic.com/
- EMAIL: email@example.com